Friday, December 17, 2004

Strike Three...

Let me first say I am a big fan of baseball. I think it is the best game in the world. It is the game I love, not Major League Baseball. I was looking forward to baseball coming here to Washington DC but I think the DC city council did the right thing by insisting some private funding be included for the new stadium. It’s a fact that stadiums rarely spur economic development. They don’t mean success for the team either. The Expos are only 1 of many teams that are on the verge of going under. Unfortunately there are quite a few cities that are in the same boat that have built new stadiums. This means there are a few cities that may be stuck with a ballpark they are still paying on and no team. The Expos are a gutted team and the league should be selling at a bargain basement price to new owner to keep them afloat. Let the new owners put some of their money in the game other than just overpaying for a terrible team. The can recoup their costs by selling the naming rights. Another ridiculous concept in my opinion. Professional teams have got to stop holding cities hostage. The fans and taxpayers should refuse to pay for baseball’s uncontrollable spending…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home