Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Army-Navy Football Game...

This past Saturday my wife and I went to Philadelphia to see the Army-Navy football game. What a fantastic event! Everyone should see it in person some time. President Bush was there to do the coin toss and watch the game. It was great to hear the cheers for him when he walked on the field. Not a lot of Kerry/Edwards supporters in the crowd. It was a thrill to see the Army and Navy parachutists drop into the stadium. A few were able to land right on the logo at midfield. 4 F-14 Tomcat fighter jets roared right over the rim of the stadium and 8 Apache helicopters flew over right after. The crowd cheered at all of the displays.
Then there was a good hard played football game. These young men played their hearts out for pride. Pride in themselves and pride in their academy. Navy won 42-13. They shook hands after the game and then paid their respects to the Midshipman and Cadets at the game. I feel good about the officer corps of the future after seeing these young men and women. We had a great time.
I am ready to get my tickets for next year's game...

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieB said...

Hey,
Wandered over from Daisy Cutter's site.

My dad was an officer in the Navy and always followed the Army/Navy game. Now I always watch the news on it, because of him.
Not many Kerry/Edwards supporters in attendance? Do you think they'd wear bumper stickers or something?
;-) How would you tell? I didn't think much of them, even though I lean a little left of center.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home