Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Dropped Third Strike...

I jumped the gun. I was sure that Major League Baseball and Washington D.C. were never going to get a deal made that would let the Nationals, or old Expos, play baseball here. The D.C. city council did the right thing in getting some concessions from MLB. It was a game of chicken and MLB lost. I am sure they wanted baseball to be here. It is a bigger market than any of the others that had been suggested. I am sure that some of the owners are upset that they wont get more money. This was not the New York Yankees and they have no big name stars on the team coming here. Chances are they will be cellar dwellers yet again. I am glad that MLB blinked first. Its time that the fans not be held hostage by professional sports teams. Chalk one up for the fans. Guess I will go out and get my new National’s hat for this season…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home